NADCAP™ Accredited Aerospace Heat Treating
Not all heat treaters are NADCAP™ accredited. However, Applied Thermal Technologies is NADCAP accredited in heat treating; and we are also NADCAP accredited in aerospace heat treating.
We undergo intense process scrutiny to meet the defense industry’s regulatory requirements for our heat treating methods, controls, and calibrations to ensure that we’re delivering the quality we promise you.
Nadcap™ Scope of Accreditation
- AC7102 – Nadcap™ Audit Criteria for Heat Treating
- AC7102S – Nadcap™ Supplemental Audit Criteria for Heat Treating
- AC7102/1 – Nadcap™ Audit Criteria for Brazing
- AC7102/5 – Nadcap™ Audit Criteria for Hardness Testing for Heat Treating
- AC7102/8 – Nadcap™ Audit Criteria for Pyrometry
Your parts need to hold up to extreme conditions. We get it. In fact, we’ve been specializing in aerospace heat treating for over 20 years and our quality system is accredited to AS9100 for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations.
From jet engine components to commercial satellites, we have the know-how needed to take on the superalloys used in your industry. Aerospace heat treating is carried out in high-vacuum furnaces that can reach temperatures of up to 2,800 degrees (F) and have vacuum levels up to 10-5 Torr with controlled gas cooling.
NADCAP™ Accredited Heat Treating Specification Titles
Applied Thermal Technologies can process your aerospace heat treating to any of the following specifications:
- AMS 2759 – Heat Treatment of Steel Parts, General Requirements
- AMS 2759/1 – Carbon & Low-Alloy Steel Parts, Minimum Tensile Strength Below 220 ksi
- AMS 2759/2 – Low-Alloy Steel Parts, Minimum Tensile Strength 220 ksi and Higher
- AMS 2759/3 – Precipitation-Hardening Corrosion-Resistant and Maraging Steel Parts
- AMS 2759/4 – Austenitic Corrosion-Resistant Steel Parts
- AMS 2759/5 – Heat Treatment-Martensitic Corrosion-Resistant Steel Parts
- AMS 2769 – Heat Treatment of Parts in Vacuum
- AMS 2773 – Heat Treatment-Cast Nickel Alloy and Cobalt Alloy Parts
- AMS 2774 – Heat Treatment-Wrought Nickel Alloy and Cobalt Alloy Parts
- AMS 2801 – Heat Treatment of Titanium Alloy Parts
- AMS H-6875 – Heat Treatment Of Steel Raw Materials
- MIL-H-6875 – Heat Treatment Of Steel Raw Materials
- AMS H-81200 – Heat Treatment Of Titanium and Titanium Alloys
- MIL-H-81200 – Heat Treatment Of Titanium and Titanium Alloys
We will work closely with you to determine your precise specifications and requirements, just like we’ve done with:
- Bell Helicopter
- Biomet, Inc.
- Hawker Pacific Aerospace
- Moog Inc.
- Woodward, Inc.